The content on this site is intended for those 18+ and may contain graphic or mature themes of a sexual nature. If you find this type of discussion objectionable please leave now.

Let's Talk...

I am interested in talking to you. What excites you? What is on your mind? I would love to know and share. Do you have a question that you would like to discuss? Do you need to have someone understand your desires? Let us see what we have to talk about.

I will expect respect, though I am not to be feared.

So, off you go to http://uslove.com/ - or call 949 999-5900 and do tell them Saffron sent you (it's my middle name). I am extension 611.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

We need to take care of our bees...


Was chatting with marie and she commented on bees and that started a conversation about them (she will now... never kill a bee in her home again, but rather trap it and set it free back outside). As Miss Honey... well, a bit near and dear to my heart. But really something we all need to be concerned about.

"In the USA, Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) - where whole colonies of bees disappear or die - has caused a devastating loss of honeybees. Since it broke out in the autumn of 2006 (and some say earlier than that), declines of between 30 per cent and 90 per cent of honeybee populations in at least 27 states have been recorded. There have also been reports of CCD in Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece."

Albert Einstein was well aware of the earth's dependence on this small but vital creature. When it came to bees, he put it in no uncertain terms: "If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man."

Here is more information on Colony Collapse Disorder -

2 comments:

Miss Christina said...

Mistress,

I am sorry for however many bees I have killed in my lifetime, but since i became yours I do look at bees differently.

I won't kill them anymore as I know that would make you very unhappy and not be good for our world.

marie

Rhonda said...

Yes Miss Honey I to cherish the bee's. When I look at them I am reminded of my grandfather, a very wise gentleman. My grandfather was a bee keeper and was able to gather the Honey and never get stung. One thing that I found interesting was that on the day of my grandfathers passing, the queen bee in his colony had died also. I know with out a shadow of a doubt that were ever grandfather is be it Heaven or the Summerlands, he is tending bees.